Friday, July 4, 2014

America, here I come

Delhi, IGI Airport - Passport, visa, boarding pass, travel insurance and some cash in USD (in case BoB credit cards are blocked by the RMA. Actually they would for sure). And for the first time in my life, I am travelling light. Strictly within the limits of the airlines. 20kg of checked in luggage + a laptop bag.

All set for my first ever trip to the US. Courtesy of University of Berkeley and Yale. They have invited me as a Visiting Scholar. Deeply humbled by the offer. I must have done something good in my previous life to deserve this - so early in my "career" in academia. People take ages to be bestowed such honours.

With all the hassles for the US visa (I had to travel to Delhi and undergo a long painful process), I have completely kept aside the main purpose of my trip - papers and presentations.

And Berkeley is not Sherubtse or ILCS in that questions come like rapid fire. So one really got to prepare.

Anyway, America, here I come. More than anything else I am looking forward to meeting my favourite filmmaker - Francis Coppola.


At Tokyo Narita waiting for my connection to San Francisco. Little dizzy from the overnight flight from Delhi

No comments:

Post a Comment